Thursday, October 30, 2008

Professional Development --The e-Learning Way



Get a Voki now!



Alabama teachers check out e-Learning for Educators at the following website http://elearning.alsde.edu/
I am a retired teacher who taught for 27 years in the public school system. I discovered e-Learning my last 2 years in education and took 3 courses. It was truly the most beneficial professional development I did during my career. There are courses in technology, reading, math, science, social studies, ELL, differentiating instruction, and more. Each course earns a teacher 30 contact hours of credit for professional development. The courses last 6 weeks, and you complete a final project you can use in your class. Did I mention all of this is FREE!!
If you have taken an e-Learning class, which one did you take, and how do you feel about online learning as a means for professional development?
What did you like or dislike about this new style of learning?


3 comments:

teachfine said...

I love this way of learning. I can learn anytime or anyplace as long as I have a computer and an internet connection. Connecting and learning with other educators with same interest from all over the state is my favorite part of all.

L Watson said...

Kathy,
I am taking the blogging class with you right now. So far I enjoy discovering how to do something. I like working whenever I have the opportunity, sometimes working to long and late :)My only concern is when you run into a snag or have a question, no one is physically there to help. I know someone will have the anwser, but usually it will come later. Overall this is a great way to learn for me and it is fun.
For many teachers, this type of professional development is helpful and flexible for their schedules.

Wendy Ricci said...

Kathy,
I have truly enjoyed Leading Schools in a Web 2.0 World that you have faciliated through E-learning. It has been meaningful, and it has given me an general and practical overview of some Web 2.0 tools. In addition, I have gotten some great new resources.